Ladybugs are the gardener’s favorite friend. While they look friendly, each one can devour up to 50 aphids, mites, or other soft-bodied pests per day. Orcon’s ladybugs only eat insects and do not harm vegetation in any way. As they eat they will lays eggs which will hatch into ladybug larvae. These larvae will also eat insects for about a week and then make a cocoon and finally emerge as more adults.
Each container has about 500 ladybugs. They should be released in the evening since they do not fly at night and will spend the dark hours searching for food. The next morning, those that find insects to eat will stay and continue feeding.
For indoor use, they should be released at the beginning of the off cycle for the lights. This will give them a chance to settle down and search for food before the lights come back on. The ladybugs will do better if released a few at a time, with the balance kept in a refrigerator between releases.
• Can eat up to 50 mites per day
• Do not fly in the dark
• Shipped as live adults, ready to go to work
• Each container has 500 live ladybugs
• The container is clear to make it easy to see the ladybugs before releasing
• The container has a re-closable lid making is easy to use a few at a time